Friday, December 20, 2013

The endless bridge



Besides working on visual effects or doing digital illustration, one of the things I really enjoy is coming up with a story and doing character development based on it. I came up with a simple story where a boy and a girl are the only ones left in the world. They are walking on the endless bridge to search for other survivors or search for the purpose of living. While the girl (named Haru) is very optimistic, enjoying the freedom and making fun of how humans destroyed the world, the boy (named Niel) doesn't find any meaning in the world. He is quiet, mysterious, and doesn't seem to care about anything.  

This was basic storyline I came up with, and although I might develop the story further in the future, I drew Haru and Niel with my favorite medium, color pencils! I also did a digital paint-over using Photoshop. I feel like the color pencils and digital paint-over have their own uniqueness, so I decided to upload both!


No comments:

Post a Comment